Nathan S. Lee
Role in the KNI
Nathan Lee is the Plasma Process Engineer for The Kavli Nanoscience Institute (KNI) at the California Institute of Technology. He oversees the daily operation of the plasma processing tools in the KNI, maintains good working order, and provides trainings on the tools for the KNI users.
After working in the semiconductor equipment industry as a hardware and process engineer for 15 years, Nathan joined Caltech in January of 2016 as a plasma process engineer for the KNI. He brings to the KNI breadth of experience in plasma process development and hardware optimization.
Experience & Education
Nathan received his B.S. in Structural Engineering from the University of California, San Diego.
List of Managed Instruments
- Silicon Etcher: Oxford Instruments DRIE System 100 Bosch & Cryo ICP-RIE
- III-V Material, Metal & Silicon Etcher: Oxford Instruments System 100 ICP-RIE
- Dielectric Material Etcher: Oxford Instruments Dielectric System 100 ICP-RIE
- Silicon, III-V Material & Organics Etcher: Plasma-Therm Dual Chamber RIE
- Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD): Oxford Instruments FlexAL II
- Plasma-Enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition (PECVD): Oxford Instruments System 100