Lab Rules & Safety
KNI Lab Rules and Safety Documents
KNI Lab Rules
All KNI users must follow the guidelines listed below, including the updated general SOPs for entry and exit and Labrunr tool reservations. In order to protect the safety of all KNI lab users and staff, repeated violations to these policies will result in revocation of lab access.
|Current Phase: 5|
Mandatory protocols for the phased re-opening of the KNI Lab:
KNI Lab General SOPs
- KNI Lab Entry and Exit SOP - SOP for entering the sub-basement, gowning, de-gowning, and leaving the sub-basement.
- KNI Lab Entry Video - Video showing proper way to put on the cleanroom attire.
- KNI Lab Exit Video - Video showing proper way to take off and hang the cleanroom attire.
- KNI Equipment Scheduling Policy - This is the General Reservation Policy. Check the TOOL Wiki page for any special reservation rules associated with that piece of equipment.
KNI Lab Safety Documents
- KNI Emergency Procedures PDF - Provides an overview of Emergency Procedures specific to the KNI cleanroom.
- KNI Workplace Specific Safety Training presentation - Provides an overview of Safety Procedures specific to the KNI cleanroom.
- KNI User Handbook and Operation Procedures - Provides a broad overview of the information needed specific to the KNI Cleanroom.
- KNI Safety Manual - Provides a broad overview of information for Referenced Documents, Safety Requirements, and Chemical Safety Information.
- KNI Safety Data Sheets (SDS) - a link to the KNI Wet Chemistry page.
KNI Safety Presentations
Caltech Safety Documents
- Caltech Chemical Hygiene Plan - Provides a broad overview of the information needed for safely working with hazardous chemicals in the laboratory.
- Caltech Hazardous Waste Management Guide - Provides a broad overview of information on Hazardous Waste determination, handling and disposal requirements, etc.
- Caltech Personal Protective Equipment - Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must match the task hazards and equipment is prescribed when hazards cannot be eliminated by administrative or engineering controls.