Lab Rules & Safety
KNI Lab Rules and Safety Documents
KNI Lab Rules
All KNI users must follow the guidelines listed below, including the updated general SOPs for entry and exit and Labrunr tool reservations. In order to protect the safety of all KNI lab users and staff, repeated violations to these policies will result in revocation of lab access.
|Current Phase: 2|
Mandatory protocols for the phased re-opening of the KNI Lab:
KNI Lab General SOPs
- KNI Lab Entry and Exit SOP
- KNI Lab Entry Video
- KNI Lab Exit Video
- KNI Phase 2 Labrunr Tool Schedule Coordination SOP
- KNI Phase 1 Labrunr Tool Schedule Coordination SOP
- KNI Lab New Process Description form
KNI Lab Safety Documents
- KNI Emergency Procedures PDF - Provides an overview of Emergency Procedures specific to the KNI cleanroom.
- KNI User Handbook and Operation Procedures - Provides a broad overview of the information needed specific to the KNI Cleanroom.
- KNI Safety Manual - Provides a broad overview of information for Referenced Documents, Safety Requirements, and Chemical Safety Infromation.
- KNI Safety Data Sheets (SDS) - a link to the chemicals approved for use in the KNI Cleanroom.
KNI Safety Presentations
Caltech Safety Documents
- Caltech Chemical Hygiene Plan - Provides a broad overview of the information needed for safely working with hazardous chemicals in the laboratory.
- Caltech Hazardous Waste Management Guide - Provides a broad overview of information on Hazardous Waste determination, handling and disposal requirements, etc.