New User Forms
Caltech's Laboratory Safety Orientation through the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) department is required if you are using a lab on campus. The training is offered via Zoom twice a month. If you have not taken EHS Lab Safety Orientation, instructions to register for this training can be found at:
- Caltech's EHS Lab Safety Orientation- You may start and complete KNI safety training before completing the EHS safety training. You must complete EHS Laboratory Safety Orientation before being allowed to use the KNI cleanroom.
In order to become a lab user in the KNI, please fill out the relevant form below and submit to Tiffany Kimoto (email@example.com), then follow the next steps below. External users will be required to submit additional paperwork. You can find information on our usage rates here.
*NOTE: New users must submit the New User form before their lab access is granted. Tool-specific training typically begins within the first two weeks after one's account has been setup. However, some lab areas and tools may have a longer wait period. If there is a tool you are interested in using ASAP, reach out to the staff member in charge of the system and ask for an estimate for when training can begin.
KNI User Information & Billing Forms
- Caltech users
- Caltech SURF/WAVE students
- JPL users
- Non-Caltech Academic or Government users
- Industry/corporate users
Non-Caltech Academic/Government and Industry/Corporate members are considered external users. There are additional requirements to set up an external user's KNI lab access:
- Facilities Use Agreement (FUA)
- Proof of Liability Insurance (COI)
- Purchase Order (PO)
Please contact Tiffany Kimoto (firstname.lastname@example.org) for full details on the terms and rates, along with the required paperwork for setting up your external lab membership.
For all users:
Once paperwork has been submitted, you may contact Associate Director of Technical Operations (Guy DeRose) for general process questions. Attach the KNI Lab New Process Description form to your email inquiry.
Contact the Lab Coordinator and Safety Officer (Bert Mendoza), to receive information on KNI New Member Training and KNI New Member Zoom training.
- Zoom training is offered through Zoom meetings on Fridays at 1pm -2pm, when scheduled.
NOTE: If you will be using the Tecnai TF-30 TEM only, you can bypass the general safety training requirement and contact Guy DeRose (email@example.com) directly to schedule instrument training and contact the KNI Safety Officer (Bert Mendoza) for KNI Zoom safety training.
KNI Member Offboarding
- The Offboarding SOP must be completed when ending your KNI Lab membership.
- It lists items such as Labrunr, Stored Items, Chemicals, Stored Data/Files, etc, which should to be addressed before your membership ends.