Wet Chemistry Resources
Sample Cleaning Resources
- Acetone, IPA -Acetone serves as a solvent for organics, IPA cleans remaining residues due to acetone's high evaporation rate
- Acetone, Methanol -Similar to above except Methanol is more toxic, and a polar molecule versus IPA which is non-polar
- Acetone, Methanol, IPA
- Acetone, Methanol, IPA, DI Water
- Remover PG (60°C), IPA -Caution, low flashpoint, do not leave unattended
- Nano Remover PG Spec Sheet
- Columbia University Remover PG Process
- Dichloromethane, IPA -Caution, high evaporation rate may leave residue and beakers quickly condense water/ice
- Nanostrip (60°C) -Rinse with DI
Caution. All of these processes require a buddy and adequate chemical safety training.
Prepares wafers for high-temperature processing steps. Standardized protocol developed by RCA in 1960s.
Strong oxidant solution, removes organics and some metals from surfaces and reestablishes oxidized surface. If there is significant organic contamination, perform solvent clean prior.
Removes native oxide from surfaces.
Plasma cleaning via oxygen, argon, etc. may be the more optimal choice for certains samples such as fragile membranes. More information can be found on the tool page for the Tergeo Plus Plasma Cleaner.
Wet Etching Resources
Reference Articles and Texts
KNI Wet Etch Recipes Table
Table of Wet Etch recipes from KNI Papers
And general table from you, not from papers, maybe from recipes?
|Material||Etchant||Rate (nm/min)||Anisotropy||Selective to||Selectivity||Origin and Notes|
|KNI CHA Al||Al Etch Type A||X||-||Al||Good||Matches Transene's expected rate|
|KNI CHA Al||Al Etch Type D||X||-||Al||High||Matches Transene's expected rate|
|KNI CHA Al2O3||Phosphoric Acid||X||-||-||-||Measured 11/19 by|
|KNI PECVD 350°C SiO2||HF||X||Low||SiO2||High||Measured 10/19 by|
|KNI PECVD 350°C Si3N4||Phosphoric Acid||X||-||-||-||Measured 10/19|
|KNI PECVD a-Si||KOH||X||High||Si||High||Link here to KNI member's research paper|