The 6000 Series DSW Wafer Stepper wafer exposure system is fully automatic and capable of exposing an array of images directly on photoresist-coated wafers. Image field size is dependent on the lens selected for the user's particular application. The lens in this system is a Zeiss 10X with a maximum field size of 10 mm x 10 mm. This reduces the pattern from the reticle by a factor of 10 onto the substrate. The KNI stepper has paddles for wafer handling to accommodate 2-, 3-, 4-, 6-, and 8-inch wafers as well as pieces. The stepper is located inside of an environmental chamber set to maintain +/-0.1 °C temperature control.
Software allows conversational input dialogue to reduce errors and simplify the specification of complex operating parameters, a part of which permits selection of either circular of rectangular arrays on the wafer. A laser position transducer with automatic compensation for atmospheric conditions and work piece temperature is employed to meter X- & Y-coordinate stage positioning over a 150 mm x 150 mm (6 in x 6 in) square exposable area. Maximum throughput is assured through use of X- & Y-coordinate stage speeds of up to 50 mm (2 in) per second and exposures in both directions of travel (boustrophedonic stepping). The GCA 6300 at KNI has been fully refurbished by RZE Enterprises with a new PC and control electronics.
- Step exposure with alignments
- Step exposure without alignments
- Spectral Line: 365 nm wavelength (aka "i-line") via Hg lamp
- System is setup for 4 inch wafers and pieces smaller than 100mm.
Labrunr Reservation Rules:
|Advanced Res (days)||Limit per Res (hrs)||Limit per week (hrs)|
Notify tool manager for any special requests that do not follow the reservation policy.
- System Operation Manual
- Advanced Operation & Utilization Manual
- Advanced Information Package
- Reticle Handbook
- Baseline Procedure
- Acceptance Test Procedures
Optical Lithography Resources
Related Instrumentation in the KNI
Electron Beam Lithography
- EBPG 5200: 100 kV Electron Beam Lithography
- EBPG 5000+: 100 kV Electron Beam Lithography
- Quanta 200F: SEM with 1-30 kV Electron Beam Lithography
- Tecnai TF-20: TEM & STEM with 80-200 kV Electron Beam Lithography
Ion Beam Lithography
- ORION NanoFab: Helium (5-40 kV), Neon (5-35 kV) & Gallium (1-30 kV) Focused Ion Beam Lithography & Microscopy