Role in the KNI
Bert Mendoza is the Lab Coordinator and the Safety Officer for The Kavli Nanoscience Institute at the California Institute of Technology. In his role he assists with daily laboratory operations, training New KNI laboratory members' and maintaining KNI laboratory supplies. Direct equipment responsibilities include: Suss MA6/BA6 Mask Aligners, GCA 6300 DSW Stepper, Heidelberg DWL-66 Laser Lithography, Tousimis 915B Critical Point Dryer, Dyntatex GST-150 Sriber/Breaker, WestBond 7476D Wire Bonder, XeF2 Silicon Etcher. He is also responsible for overlooking the Wet Chemistry Room and Optical Lithography rooms.
Bert joined Caltech in May 2017 in his current role at the KNI.
Nunc mi ipsum faucibus vitae. Ipsum nunc aliquet bibendum enim facilisis gravida neque. Sapien nec sagittis aliquam malesuada bibendum. Vel fringilla est ullamcorper eget nulla facilisi etiam dignissim diam. nullam. Ipsum nunc aliquet bibendum enim facilisis.
List of Managed Instruments
- Contact Mask Aligners: Suss MicroTec models MA6 & MA6/BA6
- i-Line Wafer Stepper: GCA model 6300
- Direct-Write Laser System: Heidelberg Instruments DWL-66
- Profilometer: Veeco Dektak 3ST
- Light Microscope: Olympus BX51M with Filmetrics Spectroscopic Reflectometer
- Scriber-Breaker: Dynatex GST-150
- Critical Point Dryer: Tousimis Automegasamdri 915B
- Wedge-Wedge Wire Bonder: Westbond model 7476D-79
- Electrical Probing Station: Cascade Microtech M150